Useful Tips & Hints for
Decide the thickness of your hedge and prune regularly within
those boundaries. Tip prune the height twice a year taking
no more than 1cm off growth until desired height has been
reached. Pinch out flower buds regularly and feed often with
Aquasol or Thrive.
For a quick screen to 3 metres –
* Murraya Paniculata 1 metre apart.
* Photinia ‘Super Hedge’1.2 metres apart.
* Acmena smithii minor 1 metre apart.
* Syzigium ‘Dusky’ .08 metres apart.
For a quick screen to 5-8 metres –
* Viburnum Odoratissorum
1.5 metres apart.
* Syzigium Lehmanii 2 metres apart.
* Cupressus Leyton Green or Naylors Blue 1.5 metres apart.
* Pittosporum ‘James Stirling’2 metres apart.
For a slow growing hedge to 4 metres
* Michelia ‘Little Gem’ 1.5 metres apart
* Michelia Figo 1.2 metres apart
For a low formal hedge to 1 metres
* Murraya Mina-min .05 metres apart
* Buxus species(6 varieties).04 metres apart
* Lavender Dentata .04 metres apart
* Gardenia florida .08 metres apart